Tuesday 21 February 2012

Be a braver you!

Bright colours are always a bit of a daunting prospect. Can I pull it off? Will it make me stand out too much? Do they look a bit tacky? are just some of the questions that go through, certainly my head, when picking a colourful item out of my wardrobe. I'm a play it safe kind of girl, usually opting for neutral nudes, beiges, blacks, greys, browns and whites. However, this is a box I am trying to break out of. I'd say I'm definitely a lot more daring in the summer when I feel like bright hues are more 'acceptable.' As you can see from my last post, my first two summer buys are both bold choices for a self-professed colour prude but I am dedicated to change. Last weekend I had a fab night out in central London with two of my closest girlfriends and decided this was the perfect opportunity to brave the battle against my neutral comfort zone. I wore this bright red playsuit from Motel and thought, while I'm at it, why not go crazy teaming it with topshop's 'In the red' nail varnish and their 'Infrared' lipstick. The term 'Matchy, Matchy' springs to mind but I suppose I just got a bit carried away on my colour quest!

playsuit: Motel Rita Cut out playsuit £48
topshop lipstick: 'Infrared' £5
topshop nail varnish: 'In the Red' £5


me and the girls- love this pic :)

'Deep Passion'- Yummiest Cocktail EVER!

teaming my playsuit with my old and reliable H'n'M leather jacket
my fave topshop black heels and tights to brave the weather!

3 comments:

  1. your hair makes me so jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tip: just don't cut it for a few years ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this lipstick in my life, it looks gorgeous!

    Love your blog btw :) x

    ReplyDelete