Friday 9 March 2012

Set hearts racing at the races

This year I have decided, for the first time ever, to attend the Ascot races and not because I know anything, or even want to know anything about horse racing, but because I want an opportunity to dress like a lady for once. Every year I see the media coverage and facebook photos of young women looking polished and chic (well, apart from the odd ladies day monstrosity) and it's not very often an occasion arises where you are able to dress like this. Weddings, christenings, balls and work dos, of which I don't attend many, are the only other events where the dress code calls for sophistication. Short hemlines and plunging necklines are our usual night out attire and quite frankly, I'm over it. I want some elegance in my life and having been inspired by a feature in Look magazine: The best dresses for the races, I have decided to begin my quest for the perfect dress for my first experience of the races. Here are three of my favourite looks from Look magazine's races feature to provide some inspiration for those of you who are also attending this year.


Karen Millen £190

Tophop £48


And for a slightly more vintage look (perfect for taller ladies) there is this stunning Topshop Limited Edition Mesh Maxi Dress £150


No comments:

Post a Comment